Friday, May 10, 2013

Got out to farm- Good


Last Friday the Honda's brakes were feeling a little odd.  So I brought the car in to our repair guy.  The car needed a master cylinder.  Repair guy made some calls to find a good one through used parts places.  It is one of those things that takes more than one day.
We managed with the other car.  On Monday after my work at the school, I went with Max(hubby) to work, then drove Chevy back so I could get to my dr. appt. I did some food shopping too.
I didn't get in time to go to farm until Wed.  Tuesday I managed without a car.

By Wednesday I was antsy and thankfully had the car back and fixed.  yay.

I'm a country girl at heart.  I like the more open places and nature.  I feel like I can take a true breather there.
I can de-stress and open up.  It refills and energized my sensitive side.  My kind of therapy.

I got there and they had had some help, so I just did one of the last paddocks that needed to be done.  I did "Lady's" Paddock.  She was at the gate.  She's sort of silly and very sweet.  I gave her a pat as she smelled and nuzzled me-her welcoming me in. Too cute.
It was a day for horses to have their hoofs trimmed and some shoes.
Ann, who's in charge, mentioned she wanted to have them hand grazed after their turns as a reward. Tommy Girl was the first to get trimmed and shoed. She's a veteran at this and was very calm. We- women there watched and talked. Barney, the great dane mix, and Milky, poggle, came in to visit us in the barn.  I've known Barney.  He loves affection and sits on his haunches and on one of my feet when I've patted him.  He may be the size of a pony, but he's so sweet.  Milky was one of last years puppies.  I met her last week. She may be small, but her happiness bubbles over. Barney and Milky sort of jockeyed for pats from me.  I couldn't help giggle.

Ann noticed Milky seemed so excited about me.  I just told her, I've met her before so she sort of knows me.
I noted that Barney seems to like to sit on my foot.  Her comment was, "He doesn't want you to go anywhere-stay".
I feel that,"yup".
Milky is one of those small dogs that gets so excited you'd swear that she thinks in a Big way.   Lots of energy.

I watched the bunnies in one stall.  They're pretty cute.  Ann mentioned they love to sit in the boxes.  Some two in a good size box.  With the smaller box they sometimes compete to sit there.
They do move fast.  There is 8 all together, though the most I found were 7.

There was talk about horses.
Tommy Girl and Zoe know the shoeing routine well.  On the other end of experience is Cosmo.
I was told he's a 2 yr old.
"Hmmm", I thought out loud.  "That explains things." 
When I've worked in the paddock he's in he has playfully tipped over the wheel barrel.  Ugh, yah.  Like a kid who doesn't listen well, He'd keep coming back over even when I shoo-ed and yelled.
It was decided I wouldn't do his paddock unless there was someone with me, or if someone moved him.  Can't have him misbehaving.
Interesting.  One day when I was working in one of the stalls in the paddock adjacent to him, I could hear a horse in the stalls in the "his" paddock. I couldn't see him, yet something in me just "told me".  I thought to myself, "hah, can't get to me here".
anyway

I hand grazed Tommy Girl and Zoe.  They were good.  Zoe quickly knew where she wanted to start near the barn.  Interesting how they seem choosy when eating grass.  They pick just the bunches of blades that seem the best to them.  They seem to know.  Neat.  I kept them from eating the flowers in the pot. I said to them "No, don't eat the flowers, though you can eat the daffodils,  That's just fine".

Ann is the executive director of the farm.  It's been nice getting to know her.
She seems to have a keen eye too.  I could feel her taking in watching me and noting skill.  You know how sometimes one can feel another person watching.

I quietly felt good about that since I'm an "observer" too.






No comments:

Post a Comment