Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near.......


-->
Nice to see E-pig's pen was finished and in a spot with trees for shade. E-pig lounged in the shade of the trees. Lovely. She always grunts when anyone visits her. Sweet.

Meanwhile, I got to scrubbing a couple of the water troughs.
Most of the horses are good. I'll say “hi” to them whether they come over or not, just to acknowledge them.
Mooney-horse stood by me quietly when I was in his paddock. He stood and just watched me clean and fill the trough.
Caliber -horse is young and can sometimes not have as good manners.
As I cleaned his trough He stood over me and nuzzled me at times. I would take one step away and try to get him to give me my space. He's insistent and nosed the trough and me. So when I finished cleaning the trough I placed it so and stepped outside the paddock. I filled the trough from outside the fence.
He still tried to stretch out his head to me yet the fence was in the way. Maybe eventually he'll learn. He's still young.
He was taken later to the side pasture, which was good.
I then cleaned his paddock alone.

Barney, the Great Dane mix-who is a lovely dog, likes to sit on his haunches when I pat him. He always seems to end up sitting on one of my feet as I give him attention. I don't mind since he does move on when I stop patting.

Closeness
Other creatures seem to value closeness too.

Others have some sense of curiosity.

I remember once when I was younger I was out in the yard. I sat down in a spot where I could lean up against the back wall of the house. I sat there quietly thinking of things. I don't remember what I was thinking about, though it's not important here.
There's a small bush at that side of the house too. I felt I could be alone with my thoughts. Well, at one point I noticed some movement out of the corner of my eye. I wasn't startled, just noticed it. When I looked to the side a Robin was standing near- within a foot-inches, from me. The bird sort of looked at me. I looked away figuring it would fly off since I looked at it. Well, I looked again and it was still there for a few moments more.
I was like “hmmm”, then “huh, cool”.
I wonder what that Robin was curious about, why he came so close.

I couldn't help think of that song from The Carpenters, "Close to You". “why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near...”

anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment