Friday, April 26, 2013

Hi I'm Lisa

Hi I'm Lisa.
And I'm a highly sensitive person.

I've known that I'm pretty sensitive. I've known my awareness is rather acute. I notice things that others may or may not notice. (no- i don't see dead people) I seem attuned to animals, nature in a way that some others don't. Sensitive to listening to sounds, music, seeing things around me, ect.
I must say I seem to have a "good ear" for music, though I haven't followed the musical path as much.
I'm more a visual artist.
Having rather fair skin, I sometimes feel like I'm baking in the sun and need to cover up.
I was a rather shy child and am still more on the quiet side.

"Like what's all of this?", I've thought. Nothing like feeling "odd" about oneself.

Mom would say "It's because you're an artist."
hmmm. yes, I am an artist and proud of it.
Yet doesn't being sensitive led itself to becoming an artist.
anyway

I've been listening to the Soul Purpose workshop led by Beverlee Garb. It's been a wonderful series of workshops. One speaker was Jim Hallow's , Highly Sensitive People website. One of the things he did was go through a series of questions drawn together by Dr. Elaine Aron, an expert and author on this subject matter.
Sure enough I answered most questions, "True". Nice to confirm something I couldn't quite find a way to explain or know.
I'm not just over sensitive, odd,...
There's something to it.
20% of the population.
Hmmm, Interesting

I thought I'd do an experiment myself and blog about my experiences.
If you can relate- Great.
if not- well the World Wide Web is big enough to find other blogs more your interest.
This is my intro post.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment